Friday, November 20, 2009

Shim's Tapas

Location:  Hongdae, South Korea
Category: Spanish
Price: $$
Food: A
Atmosphere: A
Service: A
Overall: A
Review: One of my all time favorite restaurants in Seoul.  I discovered this by accident with my sister Janet when we were volunteering for an event in Hongdae.  Ever since then, I have taken friends there and it's a great quiet, yummy spot for dates as well!  First of all, order a nice sweet glass of sangria to start the night out right:


Afterwards you can move onto the extensive menu of Spanish tapas items to choose from.  I try to experiment with many of them, as many of them are quite tasty, and I don't think I've gone wrong with any of them.  From the kaji dip (spiced and herbed eggplant on whole wheat bread...order it every time I go to shim's tapas, wait did I mention I normally hate eggplant?)



to a plethora of other dishes, including this yummy sauteed mushroom dish.  By the way, most dishes come with two slices of wheat or sourdough bread, if you need extra bread you have to order it unfortunately.

stuffed squid with whole wheat fresh bread and in the following pictures:



- sauteed bell peppers stuffed withcrabmeat and herbs 
- My favorite shim's three sisters pizza, with three different toppings, sausage, mushrooms, and anchovies (anchovies are incredibly good on pizzas)



- two different desserts: brownies and apple pie.














The brownies were better than the apple pie, which is a tad too sweet for my taste, but still delicious. I wasn't quite ambitious enough at that time, but have tried the mulled wine before, which is also very nice as an after- dinner treat:



and the empty plates as evidence afterwards:

This time in stead of just leaving contact information, I also left copies of the menu, so you can see for yourself the extensive assortment of tapas dishes shim's has to offer:












2 comments:

  1. I looove Shim's! That spot has a special place in my heart. Although I haven't tried the stuffed squid or peppers - looks divine.

    ReplyDelete